United Nations Pakistan
*** This is a call for UNV Information Management roster. Candidates will be expected to join at the earliest ***
Pakistan has been impacted by severe monsoon weather since mid-June. Since then the situation deteriorated significantly due to rainfall that has been equivalent to nearly 3 times the national 30-year average. This has caused widespread flooding and landslides, with severe repercussions for human lives, property and infrastructure. To date, 72 districts1 have been declared ‘calamity hit’ by the Government Job of Pakistan. Many of the 72 hardest-hit districts are amongst the most vulnerable districts in Pakistan, where children already suffered from high rates of malnutrition, poor access to water and sanitation, low school enrollment and other deprivations. Some of these same districts also host over 400,000 refugees from Afghanistan who have fled to Pakistan over the past decades The purpose of this deployment is to support the UN agencies to scale up information management capacities for the emergency response programme. The specialist will ensure that the host entity has useful, valid and reliable information on various areas of their intervention including programmes in emergency contexts. The IM professional is also responsible for building the capacity of host agency staff and their implementing partners in the area of monitoring and reporting.
Main area of responsibility will be:
- Design and develop data collection frameworks (including methodologies and tools) for global monitoring of progress related to prevention and protection interventions towards generating strategic information required by the organization for decision-making and advocacy;
- Develop and manage information management protocols and work plan, and ensure compliance with assigned objectives; Identify training needs among host agency staff and partners for the purpose of capacity-building on information management. Subsequently, plan and organize information management capacity development activities.
- Analyze and evaluate data on a regular basis to assess achievement of objectives and recommend corrective actions, when necessary.
- Provide technical advice to programme staff and other counterparts on planning and management of integrated information management, including the inter-agency information management system (IA CPIMS) and monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent host agency programmes in inter-agency IM Task Forces and Working Groups.
- Prepare the programme status reports required for management, executive board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Collaborate and network with other UN agencies and co-sponsors on information sharing.
- Collaborate in the selection and dissemination of statistical results from various analyses to country and regional offices.
As this is a national UNV assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. UNV Field Unit will help you open a Pak rupee bank account with Standard Chartered Bank or any other local bank at your duty station.
This is a national UNV assignment and a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of PKR 88,483 is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Life health and permanent disability insurance are included (health insurance for up to 3 dependents), as well as final repatriation (if applicable) and resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
Intern- job post
Halliburton – Islamabad
Full Job Description
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Entry level for professional work. Performs assignments designed to develop professional or technical work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives. This classification is used for employees performing a designated function for an identified duration. May include continuing education.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation .
Plot No. 18-20, Sector I-9/2, Islamabad, Islamabad, , Pakistan
Requisition Number: 166456
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.